Sunday, July 8, 2012

sketchbook peeks needed

Hi everyone!
After I posted my sketchbook it made me realize how much we painters love to peek. So I am sending out a challenge to everyone. You may take the peek-a-boo challenge in whichever way suits you.

The peek-a-boo:
Photograph 3 pages of your sketchbook. Choose pages that show the way you work. A peek into your mind. Write an explanation about how you use your book.
If you have a blog you can post your pages with an explanation (send me a copy to post parts.)I will link to your blog.
 If you don't have a blog, send me the pics and explanation. I will post for you
 Make sense? If I didn't explain it well, just ask.


All info is due by July 21st.

6 comments:

Sarah S said...

I have a pile of different sketchbooks, all for different purposes. One is strictly for drawing, sometimes it leads to a painting but most often not-- it's mostly to keep practicing how to see. I also have sketchbooks for thumbnails where I work out the main masses, values and composition--just like your notan. Those are always a mess! I also have sketchbooks with photos pasted in, and other bits of inpsiration about painting. I always work out all the details and problems first in my many sketchbooks, and then try to do my best drawing straight on my panels prior to painting.



http://chasingthedesertsky.blogspot.com/search/label/drawings%20and%20sketches

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. I love looking at peoples sketchbooks! :)

I'll def do this. :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Loriann, looking forward to the nosey :o) I love looking at your sketches and seeing how the initial on site impressions develop into the paintings. Peek-a-boo Challenge - great name!

I made a separate page on my blog a while back to show sketchbook pages. The page has proved very popular going by the blogger stats.

http://seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.co.uk/p/sketchbook-pages.html

Unknown said...

Hello, here is my blog in response to your challenge. :)



http://felicitydeverell.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/pages-from-my-sketchbook.html

loriann signori said...

Thank you Sarah, Felicity and Lisa!

Eden Compton Studio said...

Hi Loriann - Here is the link to my sketching post! http://edencompton.blogspot.com/2012/07/value-of-sketching-part-2.html

Great idea - can't wait to see everyone's sketchbooks!